Just Say "Naan" to Pizza Delivery with Naan Pizza
Do you have a craving for pizza, but are looking for something more than what the delivery chains are offering these days? It's time to ditch the dough you know and go for an approach that is a fresh...
Do you have a craving for pizza, but are looking for something more than what the delivery chains are offering these days? It's time to ditch the dough you know and go for an approach that is a fresh and tasty new angle. Try this recipe for a pizza flatbread hybrid using naan bread to make Naan Pizza. You'll be treating your taste buds to something that will tickle those pizza cravings in a whole knew way, and it will help get you thinking outside the pizza box--so to speak.
- naan bread
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 3 to 4 mozzarella cheese slices cut into wheels no more than 1/4 inch thick
- 1/2 cup of goat cheese (seasoned ones are great for a flavor boost)
- a handful of cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
- 1 cup of spinach
- 2 teaspoons of fresh crushed garlic (separated)
- 1 teaspoon of oregano
- 1/4 slice red onion
- Using the olive oil, baste the naan bread up to the edges on a pizza tray, then sprinkle with one teaspoon of garlic.
- Next, take the mozzarella slices and spinach, dispersing them them evenly around the pizza.
- Then, take the goat cheese and space it throughout the top of the naan, filling up the spaces between the mozzarella.
- After the cheese is on, place the tomatoes and onion on the bread in a dispersal to your liking.
- Last but not least, sprinkle the top of the bread with the balsamic vinegar, garlic, and the oregano.
- Bake in your oven at 425 for 7 to 9 minutes or until a nice, brown crust appears on the tops of the cheese.
- Remove from oven and let cool 2 to 3 minutes.
This can serve two people, but one bite and you will probably won't want to share. Of course this recipe is only one possibility of what to do with naan bread. Once you start seeing it as a possibility for the base of a thin crust pizza though, anything is possible. Happy Eating!
Comments, concerns, or questions? Please contact us and we will be happy to assist you.