How to cook meat sauce for pasta
Spaghetti with meat sauce One of the great joys of cooking pasta is that it is such a versatile food. Not only does it come in all shapes and sizes, but it is a really simple base for any kind...
One of the great joys of cooking pasta is that it is such a versatile food. Not only does it come in all shapes and sizes, but it is a really simple base for any kind of meal, depending on what one puts in it or on it.
- 1 pound Ground Beef,
- 1 pound Italian sausage, sliced into small pieces,
- a large onion, that has been finely chopped,
- a bell pepper with the core and seeds removed, also finely chopped,
- five 16 oz cans of tomato sauce,
- garlic powder,
- red pepper flakes,
- a half a cup of red wine
- two Tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil.
- Saute the chopped onion and bell pepper in the olive oil.
- Add the ground beef and Italian sausage and cooks, mixing it together with the onion and bell pepper until brown. Drain the fat.
- Add the tomato sauce, wine, and spices, mix thoroughly, and then simmer for two to four hours, stirring occasionally.
- Finally the meat sauce can be served on top of a favorite dish of cooked pasta and topped with grated Parmesan cheese.