Easy TV Snack Food: Cilantro Lime Chicken Quesadillas
Everyone loves quick and easy finger foods for TV Snack Food, especially when watching sports, since it seems like someone is always running for food right before something important happens or someone scores-- instead of waiting for commercial breaks or...
Everyone loves quick and easy finger foods for TV Snack Food, especially when watching sports, since it seems like someone is always running for food right before something important happens or someone scores-- instead of waiting for commercial breaks or half-time. Besides, no one wants to be precariously balancing a bowl of soup while trying to cheer on their favorite team or scream at the referee.
These quesadillas are quick to make, easy to assemble and still delicious. They're great for keeping all the fans in your home happy--even the ones manning the kitchen.
Cilantro Lime Chicken Quesadillas - Easy TV Snack Food
Makes approximately 40 quesadilla triangles.
- 4 roasted chicken breasts or thighs, cubed or shredded
- 2 limes juiced
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup finely diced cilantro
- 1 serrano chili diced (you can seed the chili for less heat)
- 1/2 a red onion finely diced
- 1 pound sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 pound monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 1 package of 10 flour burrito size tortilla shells
- In a zipper-lock bag combine cooked chicken, lime juice, spices, cilantro, serrano chili, and salt.
- Seal the bag and mix it up until chicken is well coated in the lime juice and other ingredients.
- Place it in the fridge and allow mixture to marinate for at least 1/2 an hour.
- While your chicken is chilling, shred your cheeses, and pre-heat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Cover at least two large baking sheets with foil for easy cleaning later.
- Folding the tortillas in half, place five on each baking sheet.
- Mix the two cheeses together, and spit the mixture evenly between all 10 tortillas, spreading it evenly inside each tortilla.
- Remove the chicken mixture from the fridge and split it into 10 portions as well, spreading it evenly over the cheese inside each tortilla.
- Make sure each tortilla can still stay shut, and place the first pan in the oven for about 10-15 minutes, until the tortilla is crispy and the cheese is well melted.
- Remove from oven, and put in the other pan.
- Let quesadillas that just came out of the oven cool for about five minutes, and then slice each of the five tortillas into four wedges (you should end up with a total of 20 triangles from each pan).
- Repeat the above steps with the other pan, and serve the quesadillas with sour cream, salsa (try this recipe or this one), or guacamole.
Discard the zipper-lock bag and any baked on cheese by removing the foil from the pans, and you've got very easy clean up too, which give you more time with your friends!
Enjoy this tasty tv food with your friends while cheering for your favorite team. Make you sure you make a big enough batch in advance, because you don't want to prepare food in the kitchen again while missing the game!
For more fun tv food recipe ideas, please contact us.